Thursday, January 22, 2009

Edward Julius Detmold...

Illustrator number two. If I were to post all of the interesting images I come across everyday i would have the whole internet linked to my page but here it goes. Edward Julius Detmold's work involves illustrating and exploring nature and natural history. Many of the drawings and paintings are of animals and wildlife. While some are for books specifically, there seems to be a relationship of nature and biology influencing Detmold and that inspiration drives the illustration as opposed to the strict drawing of the animal, per say. That relationship interests me. Again, here's one image and the website I obtained it from. http://www.bpib.com/illustra2/detmold.htm

1 comment:

noonie said...

Hi Lizzy,
We visited Yale's British Museum of Art yesterday, and looked, to the extent that the 10 and 12 year olds were interested in, at the Darwin exhibit. The art of nature, biology, geography - all was beautiful. Then we went to the Peabody to check out the gemstones. I expand my mind reading your posts. I think if Gus was to suggest an illustrator, he'd point on toward Calvin and Hobbes creator Bill Watterson. Hope all is well there in Storrs. Love you! XOXOXO Noonie