Thursday, September 11, 2008

Busy, busy, busy

Hey guys. I haven't been on all week because classes started and I am already extremely busy. And I love it. I've got to be brief because I want to do some reading in the library before it closes. WE have the best little library in the world. I've never seen an art library like this. Its awesome. I would live there. BUt anyway, I have an assignment for photo and for mixed media. I got a lot done during figure drawing and I can't wait to see what we do next week. And I met with one of my professors, Larry, about my advanced drawing class. THat one is cool becuase it is kind of like an independent study. I might be incorporating the stone walls of the burren into my project and exploring their grand geological and social importance to the place that I am in. I will also be in Galway all weekend so I've got a full plate for sure and couldn't be happier. And to top it off tonight we are going ceili dancing in Kilfenora. Like the set dancing in a group. I'm very excited to see how hard it is and if any small past experience in irish step will help me. :) Ok, pictures from Galway are on the way, I'm sure. Love you all!

6 comments:

Amandar057 said...

lizzy, again I am still so so jealous. especially of the irish dancing, that was my life! Live it up while you're there. - Amanda

Unknown said...

Lizzy, You are going to have a blast with the dancing and how exciting going to the city for the weekend! I'm thinking you made a very good choice of schools!

Amanda, I didn't know you did irish dancing! Cool!

I want to go when we come over!

Love you babe!

P.S. Don't forget to put up a picture of the house you are in if you get a chance.

Anonymous said...

lizzy lizzy lizzy.

so i am missing you so much that i am subconsciously dressing like you. kinda scary. but yesterday i was wearing american eagle jeans, a black h&m tee, a pretty green scarf, olf navy flip flops, the h&m leaf earrings, and OBVI rocking the side ponytail. and i looked in the mirror and thought "what a lizzy dargie outfit." but WAIT it gets better. then i changed into navy blue sweats and a uconn hoodie, and i looked in the mirror and thought "what a lizzy dargie outfit."

so, basically, the part of my brain that picks out my outfits is tying to send me subliminal messages about how i miss you. or something.

LOVE YOU MISS YOU YAY IRELAND

-jilli

noonie said...

Maybe you danced all the way from Kilfenora to Belfast and decided to take a break from Art School? =)

Love you! XOXO Noonie

Anonymous said...

Lizy when you say brief you mean it...(When I say brief the next thing is paragraphs and paragraphs of word vomit...haha, love it), but its wonderful. Short but delicious, keep them coming please! And have fun.

<3 Jenny

áine said...

LIZZY!!!!!!

IRISH DANCING-AWESOME! i'll be in your gillies (i know that's not how you spell it, but who understands the logic of gaelic? aine spells anya, i mean, c'mon) in spirit! one similarity between our programs: WE have the cutest little library, too! i'm in love with it, and also planning to live there. so glad you're having fun. i am, too, but in an overwhelming way. this place is turning my life upside down.
love you.