Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Empty.

No worries. I'm not feeling empty. I'm actually quite the opposite but my studio is very empty. I've never quite had a space designated for work and only work so I am excited to see what options it opens for me over the semester. I just wanted to get a post in before registering with the police (which is just alot of paperwork and no fun for you guys to hear about). So I'm off. Just snapped a few pictures of my studio. 

This is my space. So here is the official before picture and as my studio progresses, and fills, and becomes a mess I'll update. THis blog has kind of become a record of not only where I am and where I'll go but I guess a little commentary on thoughts but I'll try not to be boring. :) THough really, how would you guys ever get bored with me. 

Anyway, this next photo I took of the chair just outside my studio in the drawing room and I thought it was probably written by another past american student being a smartass. It made me feel like I fit in. Hahahaha. 

6 comments:

áine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
áine said...

Lizzy! I'm having some trouble getting used to this blogging business, but love reading this already. Love the pics! Yay! I'm sooo excited for you! And holdup, you have your own studio space??? What? Took a shower in London today and thought of you! It was considerably easier to figure out though. Haha
Love from London!

Unknown said...

Hey! Wow, your own studio! My guess is it will get messy but your are an artist so use that as your excuse!

Is your studio bigger than your room at home? :)

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness i love the pics of ireland and your studio! i hope that you are having tons of fun and i can't wait to hear all of your fun stories and see all of your beautiful artwork.

i only have one final during the final exam period, so as soon as i figure out when that is (or convince the prof to let me take it early hehe) i will buy my ticket!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbRewzt8gVw&feature=related

LOVE YOU!

-jilli

BonusRoomJesus said...

Lizzy you silly girl, I could never get bored hearing from you. Remember I have to go to work at the same place everyday. I am not in glorious Ireland, the emerald island so I am living vicariously through you. I know that is a lot of pressure but you're up to the task! You can write about anything you want and I will gobble it up.

Love you

Uncle Marty

noonie said...

Dearest Elizabeth - Your updates are one of the highpoints of my day - never, ever dull.! I also think the way the people who love you so much are all connecting based on your input and prompting is wonderful.

I'm going to empty out the playroom and start from scratch - we'll make it into the music space rather than a materials/creative art space, like yours.

Has the sun shone? Have you smelled the peet fires? XOXO Noonie