Monday, September 1, 2008

I'm here to get an education?

Just kidding! I'm in school now, on lunch break of course. We are doing mostly orientation stuff this week and will get into the swing of things next week. Yesterday we toured the Burren and I am pretty sure I have landed in one of the most beautiful places in the world. I am throroughly amazed everytime I look out outside. THere is so much history dating back thousands of years that you can't help but feel the weight of it every time you pass by some kind of ruin, which is almost always. Also on our journey, we stopped so many places I could type forever, we stopped in Doolin and climbed some of the Burren. It is a little north of the cliffs of Moher and we could see them in the distance. Doolin is also the gateway to the Aran Islands which I'm sure I'll have a whole other post about in the near future. The small cliffs though in doolin were very fun to explore. We had to be careful though that no waves swept us away.

So I've been here less than a week and have had some fun climbing adventures. I hope to have more. And who knows? Maybe they add some inspiration to my work and how I am responding creatively to the Burren. School will definitely be the biggest challenge of the trip. Especially since there are only 26 students, including graduate students in the entire school. Quite a population change from what I am used to. I'll have pictures of the house up soon. I think once I get settled in and have a bit more time to use the computer (don't want to be on it too much) I might set up a Flickr account or something to that nature. Anyway, here is a picture of the castle at my school and the courtyard, and now I'm off to schedule and register my classes. Love you all!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! So beautiful! Please get to the Aran islands if you can! I have always wanted to visit them!

Love, Mom

noonie said...

26 students in the entire school! Wow!

We don't know what flikr is, but look forward to finding out. Striking pics - I remember Marty and I also struck by the beauty all around. You are taking lots in - adventures are great!

Marty P dribbled castles on Sonny's head yesterday at Misquamicutt - we'll share pics soon. XOXO Noonie

Unknown said...

lizzy my love, does that mean you have as many students in your college as your mom does in her 2nd grade class? hehe- glad to hear (and see) that you're loving it! Miss you so so much, and keep the blogs coming- it's quite entertaining and fun!

Unknown said...

Great pictures and words, I hope you keep posting. I like to read interesting stuff and see good pictures! Hope that you are having lots of fun and everything like that!!!

Lizzy said...

Aww thanks guys for checking up. And there will be many more words and pictures to come! SO glad to hear from all of you!