Sunday, September 21, 2008

Dublin post 2

Our hostel was very smart and painted their front door lime green so that when we were walking back at night and having a hard time navigating the new city we could just look for the lime green and it worked every time.

Haha, ok, last hostel picture. We jsut really bonded with this one. So here is Eliza chilling on her bed. But you can also see the sun shining through the large windows. It was absolutely gorgeous all weekend. Not one drop of rain, and Saturday was so sunny and warm that we all walked around in t shirts complaining that we brought so many layer with us. haha. Also, we were all a little sad that everyone had the option to stay another night in Dublin, we just had to book our own hostel night and bet a bus back. And only 6 of us chose to stay. And It was 6 of the 9 of us that chose to stay the extra night in Galway as well. I am making sure I get the most out of this trip and I think that means spending as much time absorbing every aspect of Ireland there is and doing it in a way that I really et to bond with the people here. I hope that on the next trip we can convince more of the housemates to stay and have a good time with us. :)

Here is the archway into Trinity College. It was very impressive looking. Gorgeous buildings accented by the wonderful weather. We walked through here a lot to cut down on walking on the busy sidewalks and it really helped as a landmark for navigating around Dublin, which I must say Eliza and I and some of the others got really good at.

Saturday morning, while walking to the National Library to go to the W.B. Yeats exhibition (which was totally awesome), we saw that someone must have played a practical joke hte night before and put dishwashing soap in the fountain. There were bubbles everywhere. It was hilarious. Matt, Mike and I were walking so fast we almost didn't notice, but Suzie and Eliza told us to slow down and stop and smell the roses and have a look across the road and see the fountain. :)

I included this last picture jsut to prove how many street performers there were around Dublin. I have never seen so many football tricks, guitarists, leprachauns, living statues, and silver people in my life. They were on every street. Multiple performers on every street. I was entertaining. These young boys attracted quite a crowd. And it was funny because they were on the very same street that part of Once was filmed on. THis was the street Glen Hansard performed on. Jilli, by the way, I spent an hour of my Friday night sitting in Meetinghouse Square, Temple Bar watching Once being projecting onto a screen on the side of a building with hundreds of other people from all over the world. I wanted you to be there so bad. It was amazing. I'm happy I got to share the experience of Once on the big screen with Matt, mike and John, becuase I remembered how much of a moment it was when i saw it with you and Maddie. :) Love you guys.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lizzy,

Yup! I'm going to leave a comment on all 4 posts because I enjoyed them so very much! Thanks for putting in the time to keep us up to date! Barb and I were talking last night and the way you talk about Dublin we think we should go when we are there. Let us know what you think.

Again, thanks for the great posts!

Have a wonderful week! Are you traveling next weekend?

Hugs from all of us!

Mom

BonusRoomJesus said...

Man, so much to read so little time. OK, I know, I will grab a fresh cup of coffee in the morning and read it all, savoring the details. We love you Lizzy.


Marty Peter wants to know if you have a skype account.

Unknown said...

um. i love how we are the SAME EXACT PERSON and how i talked about once and glenn and marketa in my last comment on your blog, BEFORE i even read that you talked about it in this blog.

i can't believe you were on that street. and watched it in ireland. with cool international people. AH! so exciting! i can't contain my joy.

new favorite irish artist: johnny flynn. i will burn you a cd. and send it to you. along with some other assorted goodies.

which means i need you address, please?

your posts make me so happy, to know that you are happy.

and after all of these dublin posts, i have decided that i am most def studying abroad no doubt about it.

sorry that my comment is as long as your post. haha.

LOVE YOU!

BonusRoomJesus said...

Lizzy, thanks for sharing all of the great stuff you are doing with us. You are having quite an adventure and it seems like you are trying to experience everything you can; which is perfect and lovely.

Are you doing any art yourself (do you have any time left)? I would love to see what you are working on and if the "Ireland experience" is having an influence.

Keep 'em coming...