Sunday, September 21, 2008

Galway Post 2

I didnt get any whole room views of the hostel (becuase I'm dumb haha) but I added some of these ones just documenting hanging out and simultaneously making a huge mess of the room. But im taking the picture from one bunk bed. The second bunk bed you can see to the right, the third one you can see by the striped pillows way to the right. The picture below was taken from the same place so that is the fourth bunk bed and then mike slept on a mattress on the floor. So all in all there are 9 beds. Awesome. :P
We did a lot of hanging out in the hostels resting up from our long days of walking, tours, gallery visits, and museum outings. So these are the boys reading and ipod listening

The nest morning, Sunday, before we went to mass, three of the housemates and I went on a walk around Galway and went and watched the birds for awhile. This little girl was feeding the swans and pigeons with her dad. I think we all just stood there taking pictures of them for like 20 minutes. hahaha.

THere was also this really cool civic museum free to the public and it was the Galway City Museum. It was mostly historical stuff but there was an exhibition full of photographs and prints by this man Paidric Reaney, if I remember correctly. I have it written down somewhere. :) But the prints fascinated me and so I took some pictures so I could hopefully track him down on the internet and learn more about his work. The rest of our time in Galway we just hung out and walked around and went food shopping so that is it for this city. It was so much fun and I would love to go back and explore more of the stuff on the side streets and the galleries.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! Those hostel rooms do look cosey! So glad we prepared you well by giving you such a tiny room at home!

XOXO

noonie said...

Very Cool Group Field Trip! Seems like you all enjoy each other - windows with great light make me happy, too! Sounds like a big sleep over! XOXO